DOT is short for the Federal Department of Transportation. If you are a “covered” or “safety sensitive” individual or employer you are subject to DOT drug testing.
DOT regulations hold safety-sensitive employees to strict behavioral requirements. The Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act, also known as 49 CFR Part 40, or Part 40, requires drug testing for safety-sensitive employees in aviation, trucking, railroads, mass transit, and pipeline industries.
We’ve Got This. You’ve Got This.
To see if you’re mandated, use this DOT tool:
Easy and affordable compliance solutions to keep your trucks rolling and your drivers safe.
Get compliant for as low as $49. Enroll today for $49 and only pay for your drug test if you are randomly selected to test. OR choose to have your pre-employment and one annual drug test included for a flat rate of $179. Either way you receive comprehensive solutions to remain compliant with DOT mandates and you even get Clearinghouse support!
Pick the solution that’s right for you:
$$4995Covers One Driver *
DOT Drug Testing
Do I need DOT Drug Testing?
As a consortium third-party administrator, we provide truck drivers and carriers across the USA with DOT compliance services so you can focus on keeping your trucks rolling and your drivers safe.
If you’re an owner operator or employ truck drivers the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration may require that you be enrolled in a DOT random drug testing consortium.
The criteria are as follows:
- Hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or similar license issued by Mexico or Canada, and operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in any state.
- A CMV is defined as a vehicle:
- With a gross vehicle weight rating/gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight rating/gross combination weight of 26,001 or more lbs., or
- Designed to carry 16 or more passengers (including the driver), or
- Of any size that is used to transport hazardous materials which require the vehicle to be placarded
Whether you’re an owner operator, work at a trucking business, or own a trucking business, CDL drug and alcohol testing is necessary to stay DOT compliant. Alia Drug Testing helps individuals and organizations follow the standards set forth by the Department of Transportation.
Are you an employer looking for onsite testing? Save time, Save Money and move forward faster with onsite testing. We offer a comprehensive suite of DOT Drug Testing and Compliance services.
What Drug Testing Services Are You Interested In?
- Employer Drug Testing
- DOT Drug Testing or Random Consortium
- Medical Review Officer Services
- Drug Free Workplace Policies & Programs
- Drug Testing Management Software
- On-Site & Group Testing